Top ten secret weapons for performance testing in an agile environment
In the battle of YAGNI and the performance testers, who wins out on an agile project? Join us as we walk through a historical account of what happens when you need to meet heavy performance targets on an agile project. Find out what was at stake, and the dire consequences if either side annihilated the other. We’ll focus on technical detail, planning and management techniques that led to the only outcome, collaborative success! Finally, discover the impact this battle had in the war agile wages to align the needs of end customers, the business, and IT, to see how it all worked out.
This will be a session where we’ll share our experiences (as a talk) talking through a situation where we had unusually high non-functional requirements. We’ll explain the context (what the constraints, drivers were), and what we tried as well as some of our discoveries.
This will be a paired talk with a co-presenter (Alistair Jones - updating seemed to take him off as a co-presenter) to keep the presentation much more dynamic.
- How to fit non functional requirements whilst operating in an agile environment
- Discover new extreme automation approaches
- Find about necessary pre-requisites to achieve this
- Understand tried and tested scheduling techniques for iterative performance testing.
- Answer the question ‘How does the “customer” fit into the classic acceptance criteria or story sign off?’