A comical approach to project smells
A series of cartoons depicts the terrible things that happen when agile practices aren’t followed. This session is valid for any persona, but especially for the product owner who will suffer when their product fails because they follow a process that isn’t helping their team deliver!
Each slide will have a humorous cartoon that depicts the awful outcome of not following a named agile practice. This is meant to entertain and to give ideas for how to convince teams and/or reluctant managers to adopt the practices. Anyone who has even been involved in a project will be able to recognize the absence of the practice and its subsequent dire consequence.
We hope to inspire and encourage those who have tried to bring in some practices but find it difficult. The idea is that you get more flies with humor!
- what happens when you don’t practice TDD?
- what happens when you don’t pair?
- what happens when your project doesn’t have CI?
- what happens when don’t have information radiators?
- what happens when you don’t have iterations or showcases?
- what happens when your developers don’t practice frequent checkins?
- and a few others…
- what happens when you don’t have shared code ownership?
- what happens when you don’t have frequent releases?
- what happens when you don’t include your customers/users in the process?
- what happens when you don’t have a Business Analyst on your project?