Leading an Agile Team in the Corporate World
Leading an agile development team; what is the role, what’s important, what to do, and how to lead. This is based on my experience in leading a large (600+ people) application development organization that has been practicing Agile since 2001. Over the past eight years I’ve observed, coached, and developed Agile leaders. In my talk I’ll cover the attributes of the successful Agile leader. I will use real life examples that illustrate and validate the attributes that can help or hinder the process of leading an Agile team. Leadership versus management will also be discussed.
• 30 minute talk • 15 minute question and answer
- • Understand the role of an Agile Leader
- • Key attributes of an Agile leader
- • Key tasks that insure success
- • Success criteria of an Agile leader
- • How to lead an Agile team in a large corporate setting