Use of Agile Methods in Software Engineering Education
Dr. Rico will provide an experience report introducing agile methods to a master’s degree program in software engineering at a large online university. He will describe the goals, objectives, strategy, and implementation plan for transitioning the program from traditional to agile methods. He will describe the adoption challenges he faced from both the faculty and students who were steeped in traditional methods. He will describe how three teams of 15 students in four time zones successfully built three fully functional e-commerce websites, lived to tell about it, and became agile converts.
Interactive and collaborative session on the introducing agile methods into software engineering education. The speaker will present the experience report and interactively field questions and answers along the way. This is a collaborative conversation on organizational change, strategic planning, and successful adoption of agile methods.
- Learn how to perform strategic planning for agile adoption.
- Learn how to rapidly introduce agile methods into a traditional setting.
- Learn how to gracefully manage fierce resistance to change from traditionalists.
- Learn how to win the hearts and minds of diehard traditional methods experts.
- Discover tips, tricks, and techniques for overcoming resistance to change.