How to Develop Your Leadership Power Daily: An Agile Approach to Growth
Your mind offers two alternate—and generally unconscious—responses when things go wrong. One response solves problems with snap judgment, hasty advice, and evident policy. The alternate response expands the problem space for new awareness and new-found truth. You are completely equipped for both. The first is fast and solves anxiety about the problem. The second is slower, produces learning and growth, and addresses the real problem.
In this session you’ll explore a life-long practice developed from 20 years of field studies for choosing the appropriate leadership response.
Leaders will explore new mental models from work on the Responsibility Process not previously published or presented except in small private groups.
Attendees achieve the learning objectives through a rhythm of (a) brief discovery-based exercises, followed by (b) debriefs, followed by (c) presentation points, abc, abc, etc.
- I call this the Perfect Problem Breakthrough. It rests on Albert Einstein’s famous quote “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” Leaders attending this session will learn:
- A framework based in natural human processes for intentionally and continually developing your leadership power, choices, and degrees of freedom
- The 2 natural (generally unconscious) choices and paths we follow in our minds to address upsetting problems
- Which path keeps us stuck in our Control Prison
- Which path leads to the Perfect Problem Breakthrough
- How to recognize when you are trapped in the plush cell of your Control Prison
- How to consciously choose to breakthrough upsetting problems to expanded levels of awareness and leadership power
- Why and how this process incrementally builds tremendous courage, integrity, and the ability to face — and tell — the truth (noted areas where leadership development has been historically ineffective)
- How to tap into resources that will help you master the Perfect Problem Breakthrough
- Attendees will leave with personal awareness and application of how and when they find themselves in the Control Prison, how and when they have used the Perfect Problem Breakthrough, and inspiration for catching and switching their mental pattern from the Control Prison to the Perfect Problem Breakthrough.