Once again, the Agile Alliance is delighted to announce the availability of a limited number of grants for academic faculty and students to offset some of the costs to attend Agile 2009 in Chicago. Grants recipients receive Registration to the conference and/or reimbursement for transportation and accommodation expenses up to a maximum of 500 US Dollars.
- Application due date (firm deadline): June 23rd, 2009
- Notification of decision: June 26th, 2009
- Confirmation of Acceptance: July 10th, 2009
To qualify for a grant, you need to be a faculty member or a full-time student at a university or college. Academic grants will be awarded on the basis of any or all of the following:
- financial need
- contribution to the Research Stage for full Research Papers or Research-In-Progress workshop.
- involvement in agile research
- interest in teaching agile methods to college/university students
Grant recipients must accept the award by July 10th, 2009. In accepting an academic grant, the recipient agrees to:
- register for Agile 2009 using the on-line registration system by July 25th, 2009
- submit an expense report for reimbursement of transportation and/or accommodation expenses by September 15, 2009.
How to Apply
Send the application to email@example.com.
(1) Provide the following information:
Your position in the department:
Your web site:
(2) Describe how the conference would play an essential role in helping you advance the state of research and teaching of agile methods (at most 1 page).
(3) Are you receiving any other support from the conference (e.g. for presenting a paper, workshop, tutorial etc.) for attending Agile 2009?
(4) Reply to each of the following:
( ) I am able to attend the full conference, August 24-28, 2009.
( ) I am able to participate in the Research paper sessions, and the Research-in-progress workshop.
( ) I am able to submit my expense report by September 15, 2009.
(5) Students, please submit a letter from your university stating that you are a registered full-time student
(6) Include any other information that will help explain your need and desire to attend Agile 2009.
If you have questions about academic grants then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.